The Haitham Zamzam Al Hammadi Medal of International Friendship is open to all ACS students in Grade 11 (Junior). The submittal usually happens in April of each academic year, led by the High School Principals.
To be considered for the Award, the student must complete two steps:
- Submit an essay to email@example.com by March 30, 2020.
- Take part in an interview conducted by the Medal Review Committee
Essay Submission Requirements:
- The essay should be no longer than 1,000 words
- The student’s name, email, and number of years as a student at ACS should appear at the top of the essay
- The essay can address one or two of the following themes:
- Students as leaders of positive social change globally
- ACS core values and how they contribute to being a productive global citizen
- Your responsibility in creating a more tolerant and inclusive world
- Building bridges of opportunity that nurture international friendship
- How has ACS prepared you to be a pro-active contributor to international dialogue
The essay will be evaluated according to this rubric.
The annual student recipient is determined by the Medal Review Committee, following an evaluation of the essay submissions and student interviews.
The annual Award includes a Medal, a Certificate, and a minimum of AED 5,000 to be given to the student.