The American Community School of Abu Dhabi is governed by a parent-led Board of Trustees.
The expertise and dedication of Board members ensures that ACS remains the American curriculum school of choice in Abu Dhabi and optimizes future opportunities for our students.
Board members sit on different committees and when needed, parents with specific skill sets or expertise are invited to join.
- The Building Committee: Makes sure campus facilities serve the long-term needs of the school, including the development of a new state-of-the-art campus on Saadiyat Island
- The Finance Committee: Presents the annual budget to the board for approval and oversees our annual audit
- The Governance Committee: Provides oversight of school policy and other governance matters
- The Institutional Advancement Committee: Supports our fundraising efforts and helps us to advance a shared understanding of who we are as a school and the amazing work that we do
- The Policy Committee: Reviews and audits the policies to guide the school’s operation
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the long-term viability of the school through fiscal responsibility and strategic planning
- Hire and evaluate a Superintendent who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school; provide Superintendent adequate support to ensure that ACS provides the best possible education for its students and remains an employer of choice for faculty and staff
- Ensure optimal policies and sufficient facilities are in place to ensure a safe and productive environment for the ACS students, faculty and staff
- Approve budget and provide financial oversight to ensure responsible fiscal management of the school
ACS Board of Trustees
Eight Trustees are elected for two-year terms by the ACS Parent Teacher Association. Three are selected to fill specific skill requirements. The President of the PTA, the Superintendent and a US Ambassador-appointed representative from the Embassy are non-voting members of the Board of Trustees.
2021-22 Board Goals
Read our latest Board Goals