Mission and Strategic Plan
Identity, Vision & Mission
Established in 1972, the American Community School of Abu Dhabi is a non-profit, U.S. accredited college preparatory school serving a culturally diverse student body. Our American, standards-based curriculum provides excellence in academics, the arts, athletics, and service.
Vision: We are a compassionate, student-centered community of learners that engages, prepares, and inspires.
Mission: Our community empowers all students to define and shape their futures for learning, service, and global citizenship.
Our Core Values:
Courage. Having the confidence to take risks and do the right thing.
Curiosity. Being eager to learn and explore to gain a deeper understanding through inquiry and critical questioning.
Compassion. Taking actions to understand how others think and feel and appreciating the value of difference.
Integrity. Being honest, fair and responsible in words and actions, and staying true to one’s principles.
Our Core Beliefs
- Curiosity and an enthusiasm for learning foster creativity, innovation, and deeper understanding.
- An ethical and compassionate community is built through participation, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- Reflection on learning experiences in and out of the classroom enables learners to define and shape their futures.
- Intellectual, physical, social, and emotional balance contribute to one’s well-being.
- Leadership is developed through courage, resilience, and integrity.
Profile of ACS Learners
ACS engages, prepares, and inspires its community to be:
Collaborative team members who
- Promote and sustain learning.
- Communicate and listen actively and openly.
Responsible people who
- Balance their intellectual, physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Act with integrity and courage.
Self-directed learners who
- Are curious problem solvers and resourceful critical thinkers.
- Persevere in the face of challenge.
Global citizens who
- Respect diversity.
- Actively contribute to their world with empathy and compassion.