Mission and Strategic Plan
Established in 1972, the American Community School of Abu Dhabi (ACS) is a non-profit, U.S. accredited college preparatory school serving a culturally diverse student body. Our American, standards-based curriculum provides excellence in the four pillars of academics, the arts, athletics, and service. Service learning is a unique and emphasized pillar at ACS to the extent that as a graduation requirement all students must participate in a service learning project within the school, local community or internationally each year.
The American Community School of Abu Dhabi serves approximately 1,200 students between the ages of 4 to18 to earn a high-school diploma. In grades 11 and 12 students can choose to enroll in the IB Diploma Programme (IB), Advanced Placement (AP) courses and challenging ACS coursework. The language of instruction at the school is English while second languages of Arabic, French, and Spanish are offered in Middle and High School.
At ACS students and faculty have access to state-of-the-art technology including Apple and Google educational products, virtual reality (VR), 3-D printing, a fully equipped production & design lab, and a video studio. Technology is integrated into all aspects of school life to inspire, help develop critical thinking skills and support creativity and collaboration. ACS focuses on the respectful, responsible and ethical use of technology in both academic and social contexts, including respecting others' privacy.
To learn more about the Strategic Plan, click here.
Identity, Vision & Mission
Established in 1972, the American Community School of Abu Dhabi is a non-profit, U.S. accredited college preparatory school serving a culturally diverse student body. Our American, standards-based curriculum provides excellence in academics, the arts, athletics, and service learning.
Vision: We are a compassionate, student-centered community of learners that engages, prepares, and inspires.
Mission: Our community empowers all students to define and shape their futures for learning, service, and global citizenship.
Our Core Values:
Courage. Having the confidence to take risks and do the right thing.
Curiosity. Being eager to learn and explore to gain a deeper understanding through inquiry and critical questioning.
Compassion. Taking actions to understand how others think and feel and appreciating the value of difference.
Integrity. Being honest, fair and responsible in words and actions, and staying true to one’s principles.
Our Core Beliefs
- Curiosity and an enthusiasm for learning foster creativity, innovation, and deeper understanding.
- An ethical and compassionate community is built through participation, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- Reflection on learning experiences in and out of the classroom enables learners to define and shape their futures.
- Intellectual, physical, social, and emotional balance contribute to one’s well-being.
- Leadership is developed through courage, resilience, and integrity.
Profile of ACS Learners
ACS engages, prepares, and inspires its community to be:
Collaborative team members who
- Promote and sustain learning.
- Communicate and listen actively and openly.
Responsible people who
- Balance their intellectual, physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Act with integrity and courage.
Self-directed learners who
- Are curious problem solvers and resourceful critical thinkers.
- Persevere in the face of challenge.
Global citizens who
- Respect diversity.
- Actively contribute to their world with empathy and compassion.