The Technology Services department provides learning and technical support, oversight, management, and expertise in order to meet the school’s ever-growing instructional and infrastructure needs.
Under the direction of Derek Swanson, Director of Learning Innovation and eLearning, the Technology Services faculty and staff support the school’s vigorous academic program, including our intent to ensure all students are ready for life in our fast-paced, technology-rich, and globally-connected society.
We actively incorporate the expectations of technological proficiency throughout all grade levels and content standards. We believe that technology should promote active learning; allow teachers to share information efficiently and maintain proficiency; enable administrators to manage the school more effectively, and facilitate timely communication and collaboration between students, teachers, administrators and parents.
ACS Technology Vision StatementACS aims to promote meaningful uses of integrated technology, which inspire students to develop critical thinking skills and support continuous inquiry. ACS students will use state of the art technology in a creative and collaborative environment, and model respectful, responsible, and ethical uses of technology in both social and personal contexts.
The following belief statements guide the realization of this vision:
- We believe students and staff must be skilled users of technology, and that acquiring and maintaining skills is a continuing process.
- We believe students and staff must have an understanding of the ethical issues associated with the use of technology.
- We believe students and staff must have access to reliable and efficient technology resources.
- We believe all teachers must be responsible for the appropriate integration of technology across the curriculum.
- We believe parents play a major role in the education of their children and must work actively with teachers to connect formal and informal uses of technology.
- We believe in being leaders in educational technology, and will investigate, ensure, and develop best practices in the integration of technology.
- This vision reflects our belief that the appropriate use of technology has the power to transform our teaching and learning processes.