Our Technology Services department provides learning and technical support, oversight, management and expertise in order to meet the school’s ever-growing instructional and infrastructure needs.
Under the direction of the Director of Learning Innovation and eLearning, the Technology Services faculty and staff support the school’s rigorous academic program, including our intent to ensure all students are ready for life in our fast-paced, technology-rich and globally-connected society.
We aim to promote meaningful uses of integrated technology, which inspire students to develop critical thinking skills and support continuous inquiry. ACS students use state-of-the-art technology in a creative and collaborative environment, and model respectful, responsible and ethical uses of technology in both social and personal contexts.
Dedicated technical support personnel are available during ACS working hours to provide technical support services for hardware and software needs. ACS is able to assist with all Apple-related needs and services. Our qualified engineers respond quickly to resolve more troublesome technical issues.
Educational Technology Program
At ACS, our digital device program is designed to prepare students for living, learning and working in a digital world and help them develop into competent, creative, positive and responsible users of technology.
All students in Grades 4-12 are required to provide their own Apple MacBook Pro or MacBook Air laptop through our 1:1 Digital Device Program. Please review the ACS Guidelines for Laptop Purchases.
IT provides and supports video conferencing, web meetings, e-learning services and other on-campus events requiring technology.
ACS computing and communication infrastructure includes:
- Network: All instructional spaces, administration office, library and other infrastructure are connected over a robust and fault tolerant LAN.
- Servers: Using a vast farm of servers and technologies, our team of seasoned engineers offers a wide variety of networking services.
- Tablets/Laptops: We have an installed base of over 500 student and staff tablets and laptops spread across various divisions and departments. All faculty and students in Grades 1 - 12 work in a 1:1 environment, with families providing a device in Grades 4-12.
- Wireless Access: All instructional spaces, administration offices, libraries and other infrastructure of the school access the technology resources on the servers through 802.11ac access points.
- Internet: Internet access is available through high-speed links throughout the campus.