The American Community School was established in 1972. The school currently has almost 1,250 students in Elementary, Middle and High School.
ACS is pleased to employ a highly talented, diverse and qualified staff to serve the ACS community. Our teaching openings are listed on our website, with Search Associates, ISS and TIE. We will generally be hiring at the fairs listed on our website. However, if you live in the local area (or will be due to a family relocation), and are interested in a local contract teaching position, please contact us directly. There will be ongoing interviews at ACS for local candidates.
Please Note: The retirement age at ACS is 65.
- BA or MA in related teaching field
- Teaching credential or certification
- Minimum of three years' recent full time teaching experience
- Previous international school experience preferred
- Cover letter of application, not to exceed one page, stating your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this position.
- Resume/CV, not to exceed two pages.
- A list of references (at least three) including their names, positions, current email addresses
- Up to three open letters of reference may be submitted.
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
US and Canadian candidates are preferred for overseas hire positions. The minimum teaching requirements for ACS faculty are:
Please submit the following for each position:
Salary and Benefits
Teacher Salary (Faculty Salary Scales 2017-2018), Overseas Hired Benefits for recruitment 2017-2018, and Local Hired Benefits 2017-2018 are available. A PDF document may require Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Salary and Benefits are updated periodically by the Board of Trustees.
The American Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and substitutes to share this commitment. We fully recognize our responsibilities for child protection. Our child protection policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school. We have a vigorous screening program for employment applicants. We require a current criminal background check from your country of residence as well as your previous country of employment/residence.
Director of Human Resources
American Community School of Abu Dhabi
The American Community School of Abu Dhabi will never require candidates to send money for application fees, interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Abu Dhabi.
We will not ask potential candidates for information related to bank accounts or other private information. If you have been asked to send money to cover such costs, you may be the target of an elaborate scam.
- Teaching Openings for 2017-2018
- Non-Teaching Openings for 2017-2018
- Teaching Openings for 2018-2019
- Non-Teaching Openings for 2018-2019
- Leadership Positions for 2018-2019