The American Community School was established in 1972. The school currently has almost 1,250 students in Elementary, Middle and High School.
ACS is pleased to employ a highly talented, diverse and qualified staff to serve the ACS community. Our teaching openings are listed on our website, with Search Associates and GRC. We will generally be hiring at the fairs listed on our website. However, if you live in the local area (or will be due to a family relocation), and are interested in a local contract teaching position, please contact us directly. There will be ongoing interviews at ACS for local candidates.
Please Note: The retirement age at ACS is 65.
Preference will be given to candidates holding a North American Teaching qualification and experience (preferably in a North American and/or International School environment). The minimum teaching requirements for ACS faculty are:
- Bachelors or Masters in a related teaching field
- Teaching credential or certification
- Minimum of four years recent full time teaching experience
Please submit the following for each position:
Salary and Benefits
- Cover letter of application, not to exceed one page, stating your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this position.
- Resume/CV, not to exceed two pages.
- A list of references (at least three) including their names, positions, current email addresses
- Up to three open letters of reference may be submitted.
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below for attachments:
Salary and Benefits are updated periodically by the Board of Trustees.
The American Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and substitutes to share this commitment. We fully recognize our responsibilities for child protection. Our child protection policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school. We have a vigorous screening program for employment applicants. We require a current criminal background check from your country of residence as well as your previous country of employment/residence.
The American Community School of Abu Dhabi will never require candidates to send money for application fees, interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Abu Dhabi. We will not ask potential candidates for information related to bank accounts or other private information. If you have been asked to send money to cover such costs, you may be the target of an elaborate scam.